LabVIEW Training - Level - I: Fundamentals
Basic Programming skills as in C or C++, concepts of data types, data structures, loops (While, For), case structures, and basics of file I/O.
Course Outcomes: After attending this course you will be able to:
- Use LabVIEW to create data acquisition, analysis, and display applications
- Create user interfaces with charts, graphs and buttons
- Use the programming structures and data types that exist in LabVIEW
- Apply basic design templates and architectures for your applications
- Use various editing and debugging techniques
- Create and save your own VIs so you can use them as subVIs
- Read and write your data to files
Duration: 21 hours approx. (7 Classes of 3 Hours each).
Introduction to LabVIEW
- LabVIEW Environment, Front Panel & Block Diagram
- Dataflow Programming
- LabVIEW Documentation Resources
- Debugging Techniques
- Configuring the Appearance of Front Panels
- Opening SubVI Front Panels when a VI Runs
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Controls
- Editing VI Properties
- Customizing the Controls and Functions Palettes
- Using SubVIs, Icons and Connector Panes
- Creating a SubVI from Sections of a VI
- Creating customised icons for SubVI
Repetition and Loops
- While Loops
- For Loops
- Accessing Previous Loop Data using shift registers, stacked shift registers and Feedback nodes
- Communicating among parallel while loops, passing data between two loops and synchronizing loops during run-time.
Arrays, Clusters & Strings
- Arrays, Auto-Indexing of arrays
- Array Functions and different array operations
- Polymorphism and Polymorphic VIs
- Clusters & Cluster Functions, creating cluster, bundle and unbundle operations on clusters
- Error Clusters to capture and merge errors while running a VI
- String Functions for formatting and manipulating strings.
- Waveform Charts
- Waveform and XY Graphs
Making Decisions in a VI
- Making Decisions with the Select Function
- Case Structures: of Ring Control, Enumerated Ring Control, Tab Control, Error Cases.
- Formula Node, MathScript Node
- Sequence Structures and controlling VI execution flow
- File I/O VIs and Functions
- High-Level File I/O VIs
- Low-Level File I/O VI and Functions
- Formatting Spreadsheet Strings
Request a Fee Quote, if this is something which tickles your grey matter, and you are interested in Training/Project with us.
Benefits of learning MATLAB and LabVIEW: Benefits of Learning MATLAB and LabVIEW: This page outlines the advantages and applications of learning MATLAB and LabVIEW in different branches of Engineering. Students are strongly reccommended to go through this page before registration.