Open Source Software Development
Duration: 2.5-3 hours at the most.
The lecture which will cover following topics with hands on practise to make you comfortable using these tools.
- Open source software development to build your portfolio to help you get an better job.
- Test Driven Development
- Version Control for Project Development
Need for this lecture:
From 2nd year engineering students have learned programming languages, data structures, algorithms and they also do projects in group but they do not learn discipine of actual software development which is followed in industry. Even though student might be a very good coder, he is not ready to work as a software developer because of certain things missing from the curriculam. Curriculum is more focused on conceptual understanding and industry is more focused on software development under financial and time constraint. These constraints make actual software development very different from the way it happens in colleges.
To be ready for job or even be qualified for one, student should have a good software development experience beforehand. College Project does not count. But open source software development experience does. It counts as an experience. It helps sharpen coding skills, communication skills and improves your profile.
Who should take this lecture:
Any B.E./M.E./BCA/MCA/BSc/Diploma 2nd, 3rd and 4th year Computer/IT engineering or any other student interested in aspiring software development as career goal can take this lecture.
- Any programming language's knowledge.
- You will be able to code better
- You can contribute to open source software
1. Improving Coding Skills
- Divide and Conquer approach to problem-solving
- Code Design
- Unit Testing & Mock Testing
- Test Driven Development
- Debugging & Reading Code
- Coding guidelines
- Code Quality
2. Doing Open Source Software Development
- Using Version Control for distributed development
- Doing Code Review
- Setting up Development Environment
- Real life software development, using divide & conquer approach
- Doing open source development
- Agile methodology for Software development using jira, bugs, issues
About the Instructor:
Participation Certificate will be issued to all the participants.
Please READ the following instructions carefully before proceeding for the registration.
- Before you proceed for the registration, please make sure you have already paid the registration fees either by PayTM or NEFT. This ensures a reserved seat for you at the workshop. Please keep the bank transaction code or PayTM transaction ID ready with you. You will be required to fill up this information in the registration page itself.
- Please enter your details in the registration form given below. The password will be used ONLY to access the content in this website only.
- Do not prefix 0 before the mobile number below.
- Once the registration is complete, please check your email box for the confirmation link. Click on the confirmation link. Only then the registration process will be complete.
Workshop Registration Closed.
For any queries Contact: +91-907 502 2721, +91-988 171 9501;
Page Last Updated: Tuesday 04-Jul-2017 19:08:05 IST